Monday, September 21, 2015

Apple Taste Test FREE Coloring Sheet

It's Apple Week in our homeschool! I LOVE using themes as a way to add fun and excitement to learning during our school time. This week we are focusing on APPLES! For some reason, I always find this theme so fun!

Last year we did an apple comparison and taste test. It was so much fun, we are getting ready to do it again!! This time I will expand on this coloring activity by having my first grader label the apples.


Everett as a kindergartener with the apples we found last year!

During this activity we will discuss:
1. The name and colors of each type of apple - color and label accordingly.
2. Price differences (there is quite a range!) - a great lesson for math and economics
3. Taste and compare - engage the 5 senses and see how many different descriptive words you can use for the different apples - yummy, crunchy, sweet, tart, sour, juicy, crisp...



If we have the chance we might cut the apple pictures out and make a book. (We'll see how far we get! Everett loves making books right now!)

You can download my FREE coloring sheet that goes with this activity at my TpT store. Click below:

Types of Apples Coloring Sheet



Here are links to my other Apple activities and games:

Apples and Food Lotto Activities Set













More Apples Activities

No comments: